Tuesday 28 May 2013

Another UFI almost finished

Leannes House, pattern by Leanne Beasley designs
Last night I sat at my sewing machine until I had finished sewing all nine blocks together, then added the sashing, yah, I have  finished "Leannes House" quilt top.  I think I will hand quilt this one with perle thread, this will become my go anywhere project, I sure hope it doesn't take me another six years to finish the quilting.   It is going to be nice to cuddle under this while quilting, we have been having cold frosty nights for the past couple of days, I cannot complain about the beautiful sunny days though, oh, maybe just one small complaint, we haven't had any rain.  I sure hope we aren't going back into drought again, I've just established my garden.    Now to go shopping for the fabric for the backing, nothing in my stash is pretty enough for this quilt  Sorry I couldn't take a better photo, there was a breeze and I tried to snap between the wind blowing the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment