Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sausage rolls for lunch

My youngest daughter had an MRI scan this morning, she has been having a few problems with her hand and as she is a high rise window cleaner, needed to find what the cause of the pain could be.      I know, I don't know how she does this job either,  hanging off the side of a building cleaning windows is not something I could do, but she loves her job.       After this was over she called in to see me,  I was just making us a cup of tea when  the son who does everything  arrived.       It was almost lunch time so I took some soup from the freezer, the rest of the sausage meat I had left over from the meatloaf I made on Sunday, along with some pastry,   I made some sausage rolls to go with the soup and the pumpkin scones my son brought with him.  We had a delicious lunch while the three of us had a good chat.
Home made sausage rolls


Easy sausage rolls:
250g sausage meat
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, grated
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 slice of day old bread
1/4 cup of milk
puff pastry sheets
salt and pepper

Preheat oven 200c
Soak the bread in the milk, then squeeze most of the milk from the bread and add the bread to the meat along with the other ingredients. Combine all the ingredients well.  Cut the pastry sheets in half and add a line of the meat mixture along the long side of the pastry sheet and roll, use a little milk or a beaten egg to seal the end.  Slice the lenghs into four or if you want them smaller six pieces. Brush with milk or egg.    Place onto baking trays and cook for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180c and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment