Sunday 2 June 2013

Block three "Ophelia"

Beatrice
Ophelia
After completing the second block called  "Beatrice" from the Endearments Collection  I was not looking forward to needle turning another berrie, I found these to be one of my not favourite things to stitch.  Trying to obtain perfect little round circles was really trying my patience, in the end I think I have done a reasonable job, not perfect but I am hoping to become more proficient.   When I looked at the third block I was happy,  yah,  no berries but,  I have just started to sew "Ophelia" the third block in this series by Robyn Falloon of Bon Bon Designs,  and if I thought circles difficult  I hadn't yet come across sharp points, the ends of the ribbons that tie this beautifull bouquet of flowers has driven me almost insane.  I will have to unpick what I have just stitched, cut a new piece and try this again, I haven't enjoyed this at all.    I'm sure I will like needle turning  once I get over this hurdle. Otherwise I go back to machine applique or blanket stitch.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a sewer, never did learn that skill. You are very talented! I love this and your quilt. And the peanut butter cookies look delicious too.

    Have a great week, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Elizabeth, sewing is something taught to me by my mother, she was also a great cook. I have past a few of her skills onto my children, sewing is not one of them unfortunately. The peanut butter cookies are really good.

    ReplyDelete