Wednesday 23 October 2013

Embroidery for a new bag

A few weeks ago I bought a pattern for a bag, I thought it was about time I had a new one, the bag I currently use to carry all my quilting things in would be about fifteen years old.  The pattern I chose is one by Gail Pan called "Friendship Daisies"  if you know me you know I love daisies, and so, when I saw this pattern  I knew it would be mine.
I have made a start on the embroidery, it is all in a navy blue, a bit unusual but I really like it.  It is a simple pattern, backstich with some french knots, this won't take very long to finish but,  I won't be doing much sewing for the rest of the week,  because my eldest son and his family will be arriving from interstate this evening.   I have been busy this afternoon putting my sewing machine and everything else away.   My youngest grandson will be turning two this weekend, I am not sure where that time has gone, I'm think as we grow older that the time speeds up.  My son has  invited the family over for a birthday celebration on Sunday, it will be so good to see everyone together.    Oh, the big news for this week,  the son who does everything and his wife will be picking up the keys to their new house, it is going to be an exciting week for all of us. 

3 comments:

  1. Wanted to tell you I am crazy about this little bag you are making....so cute! I read your posts while in the car waiting in line at the middle school to pick up my granddaughter Katie. But, every time I try to comment I erase it as the I-phone is so tiny to try to say anything! So I wait til I am at home on my computer to come along and say hello! Anyway, the bag is a delight and so is your blog!

    Diane from southern Indiana USA
    (I live in the state Indiana on the southern border a mile or less from Kentucky and 5 miles from Illinois the neighboring states on the banks of the Ohio River and the Wabash Rivers.) I would love for you to tell me more about where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I noticed you were missing over the past couple of weeks, I hope you are feeling much better. This week my eldest son and family are staying with me, it is so busy, we are celebrating the youngest grandsons birthday. Noah will be two years old tomorrow, they will be leaving on Wednesday so I will have time to attend to my blog and answer you questions, Best wishes Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely time! We are both on the road to better. Love that you got to celebrate a birthday with Noah and I love his name too! I am trying to get rested up to drive to Indianapolis (4 hour drive) and visit my twin 5 year old grandsons very soon now. Look forward to hearing more about your world soon. My very best wishes....Diane

    ReplyDelete