Wednesday 24 April 2013

Dinner tonight

Every Thurdsay my local supermarket has a  market day, where they have some great discounts on chosen items throughout the store.   A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 2 kilogram bag of Steggles fresh chicken drumsticks for $4.99 after counting them I found twenty two large legs, very happy with this bargain.  I removed and chopped the chicken from six legs, then put this and the seperated  legs into small freezer bags to freeze.  I have used some of the chopped chicken in the past week for fried rice and thought I would do the same tonight.   Instead I took two drunsticks, marinated them in Teriyaki sauce, cooked them in the oven, then cooked some brown rice with vegetables.  It doesn't look so yummy but it tasted delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment