Monday 14 January 2013

Roses

My garden is making me very happy, my roses are beautiful, I planted them into pots this year but they will be planted out into a garden bed during the next stage of the  garden renovation.   I've been cutting blooms to take inside and I've given a bunch of roses and lavender to a friend for her birthday.    Just walking out to the vegetable patch to collect what I need for lunch or dinner is wonderful,  I love the fact that I don't have to drive to the shops to buy vegetables, I'm making do with what I have here.    Even my two daughters have been over to collect some vegetables, I think they are surprised that I have grown them.   When I was younger I always had a vegetable garden, but on reflection I think I gave up after the dog continually ate everything, so they may not remember.    The labrador we had used to take fruit from the trees, as well as anything she could get into, and if she could'nt get in she would eventually find a way.    This morning while drinking a smoothie, enjoying the sun and just looking around, I  felt very pleased with what I've achieved so far.   Stage three will start when the weather cools down, I have been looking through a garden book, "What plant is that" by Readers Digest and have decided what I would like to plant against the back fence, I need to enlarge the existing garden beds, which means digging out more of the lawn, I've been debating whether I actually want the lawn at all.  Oh well, plenty of time to think about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment