Friday 8 June 2012

Long weekend

This weekend we celebrate the Queens birthday with a long weekend, who would have guessed it would be raining and cold.  My plans for digging in the garden have been put off till later in the week, when the weather forcaste is fine for Thursday, I think I will just take it day by day and see what happens.  My sister will be pleased to know that because I can't go outside I have been cutting out flower shapes to applique on the quilt I am making for her. This has been an ongoing project, one that was started before I became ill.  It is the last border and I hope I will have it finished in time for her next birthday.  Last night I was looking through old "Patchwork and Quilting"  Magazines for a design of the flowers that I could use for this quilt and noticed how much the patterns,  fabrics and colours have changed over the last fifteen years, there are so many new young fabric designers working out there now,  the new designs are bright and colourful and have a lovely freshness about them.  I know a lot of the old patterns will never die but it is so good to have such a large range of patterns to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment