Monday 7 May 2012

cute shopping bag

Last week I decided to make a bag for my mother-in-law for Mothers Day.  Every Tuesday a small group of women, including myself meet for craft morning and a chat.   Sometimes we bring along magazines that we have doubled up on or no longer need for someone else to use.  While scanning through one that was placed on the table I saw a pattern for a shopping bag,  it was in an old Patchwork and Stitching (Vol 11 No1) magazine and thought it would make a great gift.  I find I have trouble finding gifts for the oldies in the family, maybe I should include myself  in that comment. Haa Haa after all,  I have turned 6o years and my grandsons think I'm old.   Back to the bag, I set aside the weekend to make it and as usual did'nt have everything I needed, I had to go shopping to find the rings to attach the handles to the bag and our local store didn't have any in stock. Needless to say  a trip out of town to Spotlight was needed to buy them, and while there I spent some time browsing, so,  I did'nt get the bag finished untill today, it will be in tomorrows post, I just hope it arrives by Friday because it has to go interstate. I'm happy with the way it has turned out, I just hope she will be wearing her red coat again this winter.

1 comment:

  1. that looks great Wendy. Have you thought about selling them? I reckon one with cherries would be pretty funky, something a bit retro-ish would be something I'd like to buy/order. Fingers crossed it arrives in time

    ReplyDelete