Saturday 28 December 2013

Kofta's on the Barbeque

Last week I asked the family over for a barbeque, nothing fancy just some chicken burgers and Lamb Koftas.  My mother and father-in-law were staying for a couple of nights, a stop over on their way to visit their son and I thought this would be an easy meal to cook with the rush of pre-Christmas planning and cooking.     I haven't made Koftas for awhile and not on the barbeque before.   I saw a chef on one of the television shows mold them around rosemary stems and then cook on the grill.  This looked easy so that is what I would do.  They were amazing, so yummy wrapped in a pita with salad and Tzatziki sauce.  Definatly a winner and I will do them again over the summer.

Kofta's:
500gm lamb mince
2Tbls pine nuts
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt and pepper

Brown pine nuts in a dry pan, remove and chop.  Place other ingredients in a large bowl and mix until ingredients are combined.  I use six stalks of the hard wood of the rosemary plant, strip all but the top leaves and then mold the meat, about a large meatball size around the stalk.  Once you have formed all of them place in the fridge for about 30mins.   Heat the Bbque and cook. Once cooked remove the rosemary stems from the Kofta, these should just slide off.   Assemble with pitas, salad and Tzatziki sauce or just serve on a plate with salad.   Either way these are yummy.   I doubled the ingredients to feed my large family.

No comments:

Post a Comment