Wednesday 10 April 2013

Rain and Platypus

What a difference a day can make, yesterday was sunshine,  this morning is cloudy with rain.  To add some sunshine to this day I'm taking two of my little men out to lunch and the oldest (grandson) of these two to see the movie "The Croods".  I've heard this is really funny and suitable for an eight year old.
 Last night with nothing to do, well almost nothing, I decided to cut into the fantastic platypus fabric I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'm always on the look out for Aussie themed fabric.  This will become another quilt for "Aussie heroes", our men and women serving overseas.  I wanted something fast and easy, something I could accomplish in one night, I almost had the top complete before I was so tired I decided to call it a night.  The pattern is one from Missouri Star quilt company by those 3 Dudes, it one of those patterns that can be arranged to gain several different designs, after playing around with the blocks on my design wall, actually the floor, and that is why my back and knees are sore this morning, I've decided on this pattern.   I have one grandson staying overnight so I will be packing this away.  What do you think, the yellow check really pops, is it too much, should I cut another couple of blocks to replace them?

No comments:

Post a Comment