Tuesday 20 November 2012

Christmas tree skirt


Every Christmas as I unpack the decorations and the tree, I also unpack the patchwork tree skirt I made in 2000.   The skirt is a little faded, but still looks just as beautiful today as it did that first Christmas I layed it on the floor.  The pattern for the tree skirt was in the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine, Volume 7 No. 1.   This pattern was easy to follow and I was able to have it finished in a short amount of time.   The finished skirt measured 491/2" or 26cm.   As I lay it out I think of all past Christmas's and how our family has grown from just the six of us.  My family now numbers seventeen and in early March another addition, I am told this baby will be a boy.   My second eldest son Michael's step-daughter is having a baby, making my son a grandfather and me a great grandmother.  With the five grandsons that I have another boy will fit right in, can you just imagine what fun they will have together.   I am hoping one of my children will provide  me with a granddaughter, I am keen to sew some beautiful dresses and a girlie quilt.   I am looking forward to this Christmas, everyone will be together, my son and his family from interstate will be joining us this year.  It will be wonderful to have them all together, this does'nt happen very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment