Sunday 15 September 2013

A new house, a wedding and a quilt-in.

my place at the quilt-in
Block three "Butterfly Garden" by Leanne Beasley
So much has been happening, these last few weeks have been very busy.  First and most importantly is the news that my son who does everything and his wife have just purchased their first house.    They have been married for fifteen years and have rented during this time, but over the past six months have been hunting for the perfect house at the perfect price for them, and they have found it.     It has been so exciting to see how happy they are, although they are in shock at the mortgage they now have, they cannot wait to move in, which will be in six short weeks.         My daughter-in-laws sister was married last weekend, they have been together for forteen years and have a young son who was their page boy.    It was so cute to see he had made a small box from lego pieces to place the wedding rings in for the service.    His coursage was a little lego man in a top hat, this was such an appropriate arrangement for a little boy.      It was a lovely wedding with amazing food, but the most popular thing on the night was the photo booth,  along with the booth was an assortment of costumes, it was  fun to view the photos taken in the booth on the night, this will be a wonderful memory for them.      Yesterday I went to a quilt in, along with some of my friends from our quilting group, we travelled to Wyndamvale quilt group and had a wonderful afternoon, meeting other women, shopping at the four shops they had there and listening to the guest speaker who was Gail Pan.     I enjoyed  hearing her speak about her recent teaching trip to Hawaii with Leanne Beasley,  and seeing the many quilts she brought along to show.    Gail also had a stall of  her many patterns, fabrics, block of the month and accessories for sale.    I bought two patterns and was pleased that was all I bought on the day.     While sitting sewing I almost finished block three of "Butterfly garden" by Leanne Beasley,  I'm making slow progress on this quilt but,
that is what I expected when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment