Sunday 15 September 2013

A cute mouse rug

I opened the mail box this morning to find a large envelope jammed inside, on opening the parcel I was excited to find the cutest mouse pad- rug  I've ever seen.    I realised this, along with a bookmark are gifts from my youngest daughter, she asked me if I had received any mail on Friday and now I know why.  Thankyou my sweet girl, I love them and will think of you when I use them.   The mat is a miniture version of a William Morris Carpet called "Holland Park", designed in Britian between 1834-1896.  William Morris was one of the founders of the Arts and Crafts movement , the original can be found in the The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.     I often come across fabric reproductions of William Morris designs, as a matter of  fact one of my friends is a huge fan of everything William Morris and has completed some beautiful quilts using these fabrics.                       This morning I was expecting a sleep in, no school pickup today, but my phone rang a little after 7am, my eldest daughter wanted me to collect Deacon from day-care, apparently the floors at the centre had been stripped and cleaned over the weekend.    The fumes were so strong that children and staff were being affected by them, the centre would have to be evacuted until it cleared, so I quickly dressed and drove to pick him up, when I arrived about 7-45am only a handful of children were left there.   My daughters partner had a half day today so he has just taken him home for the rest of the day, I now have the rest of the day to myself.

6 comments:

  1. So awesome!!! I want one too. That is so neat and so thoughtful of your daughter! Love to visit you. My best.....Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, yes it is gorgeous, she bought it over the internet from www.store.metmuseum.org hope you can find one. Thanks for the comment, best wishes Wendy

      Delete
  2. By the way I wrote about how much I enjoy your blog today in my posting and did a link to you for others to visit. Hope you don't mind my friend. Diane
    thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Diane, that is so nice of you, I enjoy your blog as well, I haven't had anymore dreams about visiting you, who knows maybe one day. Have a great week, regards Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Wendy...so glad to have found you. Love your blog. The 'William Morris' mousepad is divine. I think I just might know someone else in our quilting group that would love it also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I think I might just know who that person is, I should remember to take this along to our next morning, thankyou for finding me :)

      Delete