Thursday 8 August 2013

I'm sewing aprons

I recently decided to sew new aprons for my two daughters, and who knows maybe one for me as well.       I haven't sewn an apron since I was in my early twenties, and let me tell you that was many moons ago.  Daughter number one likes bright retro fabrics and I was not surprised when she chose an egg yellow fabric with red cherries.    When she was a teenager, like most teenage girls she was in love with everything purple, mauve and black, now as a young women she loves everything fifties and retro.   I spent today sewing and was on a roll when my machine started to make clanking noises.    It needed cleaning and I was surprised to see how much lint was inside the bobbin cavity, once I cleaned it out with a brush I then went looking for the machine oil and you guessed it, I have an empty container.  Sewing finished for today,   I have packed  it away until tomorrow when I buy more machine oil, I was so close to finishing.   I'm taking daughter number two shopping for fabric for her apron on Saturday and I'm fairly certain she will choose something blue and pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I love the yellow fabric for the first apron, so cute!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, the little schoolhouse blocks are coming along well, love the pinks!!! Once the quilt is done I will post a final picture of it :^)
    Have a lovely weekend and have fun with those aprons!!!

    ReplyDelete