Friday 9 August 2013

Celebrating my sisters birthday

I have to tell you of the fabulous day my sisters and I had last Saturday.  I have three sisters, and  it was a milestone birthday, sixty years for sister number two,  so we decided we would have to do something special. 
Something we would all remember and be able to speak about for a long time.  We decided it should be a surprise for her, so it was organised without her knowledge.   In fact it was such a surprise she became quite annoyed with the family, thinking we were going to let her birthday pass by.   We organised a taxi to deliver us to the door of the venue, as the car stopped she looked at us with a huge smile and asked "are we going to the Windsor" of course we are.  We had the most amazing high tea at one of  the most oppulent and beautiful old hotel's in Melbourne, The Windsor Hotel, which was opened in 1883 has retained the glamour of times gone by.    My sisters diet is gluten free and because we had advised them when we booked our table she was very spoilt for choice.  We all enjoyed ourselves and it was wonderful to see my sister so happy with the venue we had chosen.  We then drove to her daughters apartment where the rest of the family were gathered to finish the night with sparkling wine, birthday cake and more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment