Monday 3 September 2012

Here comes the sun

Yah, It's spring, the sun is out and so is my enthusiasm for getting outside in the garden, over the past few weeks I have been planning changes to my backyard, these entail raised vegetable beds and adding a few fruit trees.  Last week I dragged my poor complaining younger son off to the local hardware store for all the supplies needed for the extravaganza I had planned.   I rang son number two to invite him along to lunch at the weekend, oh,  and by the way I will need your help on a little work that we will be doing in the yard, my eldest daughter was included as well, she did a great job of digging out the grass.  With tools in hand we got to work and by the days end and with a beer in hand stood back to admire our work.   I must say that I am very pleased with all that was achieved, everyone worked especially well, and although not quite finished it is looking fantastic, just what I had envisaged.  What would I do without these fantastic kids of mine?  Youngest son returned yesterday to add the cross slats and wire to the posts, now to order the soil and mulch, then onto the planting, can't wait for those fresh summer vegetables and herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment