Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Embroidery for a new bag

A few weeks ago I bought a pattern for a bag, I thought it was about time I had a new one, the bag I currently use to carry all my quilting things in would be about fifteen years old.  The pattern I chose is one by Gail Pan called "Friendship Daisies"  if you know me you know I love daisies, and so, when I saw this pattern  I knew it would be mine.
I have made a start on the embroidery, it is all in a navy blue, a bit unusual but I really like it.  It is a simple pattern, backstich with some french knots, this won't take very long to finish but,  I won't be doing much sewing for the rest of the week,  because my eldest son and his family will be arriving from interstate this evening.   I have been busy this afternoon putting my sewing machine and everything else away.   My youngest grandson will be turning two this weekend, I am not sure where that time has gone, I'm think as we grow older that the time speeds up.  My son has  invited the family over for a birthday celebration on Sunday, it will be so good to see everyone together.    Oh, the big news for this week,  the son who does everything and his wife will be picking up the keys to their new house, it is going to be an exciting week for all of us.