Saturday 25 February 2012

Knitting


When I was younger I did a lot of knitting, things for myself, and my boys and the odd jumper for my then husband. As my boys grew older they no longer wanted to wear knitted jumpers, they wanted windcheaters. 
I put my knitting needles away, only coming out for the occasional baby clothes. I must admit I did'nt knit for my girls, my mum was busy doing that, she always had a project on the go.
When my girls were teenagers I decided they should learn to knit, my younger daughter (Jacinta) was enthusiastic but the older daughter (Taneesha) not so.
I devised a scheme to bribe them into knitting a scarf for themselves, I would buy the wool and if they finished it I would pay them the grand sum of $10 each, mind you they only received $5 weekly for pocket money, so I thought this was a good enticement. Jacinta was very determined and finished hers but  Taneesha lost interest half way through, and I finished it off a few months later. Jacinta has since knitted another scarf for her boyfriend. While sorting through some books recently I found a baby pattern book, so, I have brought some wool and have started a little jumper for my youngest grandson. Will let you know I how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment